PTi is always seeking highly trained and dedicated individuals to join its workforce. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Polymer Scientist / Process Engineer
PTi is a leading manufacturer of world class single screw plastic extrusion equipment for applications in mono- and co-extrusion sheet and foam sheet, pipe, profile, compounding, fiber and reclaim. With installations in over 20 countries, PTi continues to successfully supply extrusion equipment to industries in packaging, construction, automotive, lawn & garden, office products, sign & display, appliances and much more.
- Assist in running process trials, hosting customers and follow-up reporting on the PTi demonstration line
- Conduct and report on material characterization tests including moisture levels, melt viscosity and impact strength
- Assist in feed screw design and compile feed screw data from start-ups and follow-up trials
- Compile technical data from processing activities during line start-ups and assist in troubleshooting and optimizing sheet extrusion lines
- Provide sales support for sizing extruders and down-stream equipment for sheet extrusion lines.
- 1-2 years minimum applicable experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering with emphasis on plastics/polymer processing.
- Knowledge of properties and processing of key plastic materials including PET, PP, PS, EVOH, HDPE, LDPE and PLA in mono and co-extrusion applications.
- Ability/willingness to travel: 20-30%.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing
PTi offers an excellent compensation package for the right candidate.To be considered for this position, please provide us with your salary history/expectations when applying, email your resume to [email protected]